Fun and Fitness
Web Site Special
Single Hoop $25.00ea
Two or more
(Online purchases ONLY)
Do YOU Want a Fun and Interesting Way to Exercise?
Try Hoop Swinging today
Enjoy the Results!
Exerhoop Hula Hoop”
When bringing this into your daily routine you will find it:
- Strengthens your core muscles,
- Trims up your waistline
- Helps you lose those unwanted kilo’s
- Works on the tummy
- Is an aerobic workout
- Will help lose around 10 calories per minute whilst hoop swinging
How to Hula Hoop
Here's an easy two-step lesson
1. Make sure you have the right size of hula hoop!
If you're using a kid-sized hoop, forget it! Most hula hoops that you can buy at stores are designed for children.
You'll save yourself a lot of heartache (and gain a lot of fun) if you use an adult size hoop to begin with.
Exerhoop Hula-hoops are also being used and enjoyed by children as young as 7+ years old.
Our own 6 & 9 year old grandchildren enjoy hooping. See the photos on the Gallery Page.
2. Put one foot in front of the other, and shift your weight
Proper technique helps you get the most out of your hooping workout. To begin hooping, stand with one foot in front of the other.
Stand in the middle of the hoop and rest the inside of the hoop against your back.
Hold the hoop in both hands with your arms at your sides. Turn your torso to your right to "wind up" the hoop.
Quickly toss the hoop to the left and rock your hips forward and backward to keep the hoop spinning.
If this direction does not work well, try tossing the hoop to the left or changing your lead foot.
Easier said than done?
It can take a while to get the hang of it don't give up!
• Air Punch - while hooping alternatively punch your arms in the air vertically then horizontally then to the front and sides, then
repeat the sequence.
• Side Step - while keeping the hoop spinning take a step to the left with your left foot, bring the right foot across to it. Repeat by stepping to your right.
• Crouch - maintain the hoop spinning and slowly crouch down, bending at your knees, hold for a few seconds and stand up.
• Skipping - use the hoop in place of a skipping rope. Hold the hoop across in front of your body holding it with both hands at the 10 past 10 position. Step thro the hoop and swing it up over your head while jumping through it as it swings under your feet.
NOTE: Ensure you warm up before starting any exercise routine and warm down after.
If you have any medical condition or are unsure that hooping is for you please consult your
Health Professional first.
Single Hoop $25.00ea
NZ MADE Special: Two or more $20.00ea (Online purchases ONLY)
Colour choice available; Red, Green or Yellow trim
Note: 'Out of town' delivery will incur freight charges.
All prices quoted include GST
Copyright 2012 © ExerHoop Hula-Hoops. Tauranga, BOP, New Zealand
Phone: 07 5433654
Mobile: 021 2572895
No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means
without written permission from the authors.